archive-com.com » COM » M » MICROCARMUSEUM.COM

Total: 249

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • 1958 Solyto
    handlebars and open cabs A proper round steering wheel turned the front fork directly and on it was mounted the familiar 125cc blower cooled Ydral motor It was started with a kick lever and the displacement allowed the little truck to be driven without a license 200 kg was the load capacity although the indicated top speed of 50 kph probably meant that it was not fully loaded The charming

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/newmap-solyto.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive


  • 1967 Solyto Break Camping
    story of decline of the two wheeler industry Production was cancelled in 1959 leaving the Solyto as the sole carrier of the once grand name M Castellano father of the Solyto retired and Joseph Spalek replaced him The Ydral motor was replaced by an Ultima and a remarkable automatic transmission designed for it by Spalek In the early 60 s he also designed and built his own motor and shortly fitted it with an electric starter In 1963 the company was making phone boxes for K V and the two companies were soon combined In 1965 CDI electronic ignition was fitted to the Solyto The only other vehicles using this were Formula 1 By 1971 the Solyto was being sold as the TC 8 by K V It was now offered in three body styles a canvas back Fourgonette Bachee a metal back Fourgonette Tolee and a Break Camping with four windows in the rear compartment The last example rolled off the assembly line in Feb 1974 after 4 000 examples had been built It had also overlapped the production of the K V Mini by some 4 years at this point Manufacturer Les Equipements Electriques K V Lyon France

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/solyto-camping.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1967 Subaru 360 Custom
    expensive to be within the reach of most people Subaru 360 s were the first line of vehicles produced by Fuji Heavy Industries parent company of Subaru They were first introduced in Japan in 1958 This is a Japanese Market model of the Subaru 360 line that was not exported to the US Manufacturer Fuji Heavy Industries Tokyo Japan Model Sedan Motor EK31 2 stroke Body Monocoque Years Built 1958

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/subaru360-custom.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1968 Subaru 360 Sambar
    Subaru 360 s were the first line of vehicles produced by Fuji Heavy Industries parent company of Subaru They were first introduced in Japan in 1958 They came in several body types A Sedan a wagon called the Custom Vans and the rarest the Pickups This Sambar pickup is a Japanese Market model hence the Right Hand Drive Manufacturer Fuji Heavy Industries Tokyo Japan Model Sambar Truck K135H Motor EK32

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/subaru360-sambar.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Subaru 360
    imported to the U S in 1968 by Malcolm Bricklin Most of them remained unsold even three years later They were retailing for about 1 300 and one dealer was offering 6 of them for 2 000 brand new They came in four different body types Two sedans the standard which was white and the Young sport model which was yellow vans and the rarest the pickups Those that did

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/subaru360.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1961 Taylor-Dunn Trident
    is still located on the original ranch property He decided to expand his business by selling equipment and supplies to fellow farmers As the carts got heavier local farmers asked if he could make a motorized version Production of the first electric truck started in 1951 and was used on his own chicken ranch They then began making and selling electric trucks to other farmers and ranchers That year Fred A Dunn joined the business and four years later it became Taylor Dunn Manufacturing Company In the June of 1955 Taylor Dunn came out with the model PG a three wheeled 24 volt electric car for getting around the neighborhood for shopping etc It came with headlights and taillights and tiller steering In 1959 Taylor Dunn came out with the model R Trident three wheel neighborhood cart with headlights taillights and turn signals They made these until 1963 Taylor Dunn continues to manufacture carts for industry from ground support vehicles and burden carriers to stock chasers and dump trucks Manufacturer Taylor Dunn Mfg Co California U S A Model TRIDENT Motor NEMA Electric DC Body Fiberglas Years Built 1959 1963 No Cylinders n a Chassis Steel Frame No Produced n

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/taylordunn-trident.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1958 Trabant
    the production line in 1955 manufactured by a pre war DKW plant In 1957 a coupe was added for a market where people were pleased enough when they got any cars at all after ten years on a waiting list The next car the P 50 of 1957 was the actual Trabant An estate model followed in 1960 called Trabant 601 it was far more attractive although its body made of Duroplast a mixture of cotton and ground wood pulp soaked in artificial resin attracted a good deal of scorn As VW was eventually to take over the Zwickau plant it was no coincidence that the last Trabis were built with Polo engines finally eliminating the smell of two stroke mix Although the Trabi did not survive the tear down of the Berlin Wall in 1989 it still does live on in East German jokes or as a means of inverted one upmanship among Westerners who enjoy attracting attention with tinny engine noises and blue smoke The production facilities were sold to poorer countries abroad Nowdays the Trabi is a rather rare feature on German roads even in the East Manufacturer VEB Sachsenring Zwickau East Germany Model P 50 Motor

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/trabant.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1963 Trojan 200
    a noticeable downturn in interest in the Heinkel Kabine Most significantly permission was received to once more resume the production of aircraft which was of course the original orientation of the company Suddenly the Kabine was no longer viable and a licensee to take over production had to be found 2000 examples were built in Argentina from 1957 to 1959 In 1958 a concern in Ireland produced 200 examples of the Kabine known as the Heinkel I before having their license revoked for shoddy workmanship In the fall of 1960 the license was duly given to Trojan a long established firm 1928 producing a long line of rugged simple utility vehicles By 1962 they were producing the Type 601 3 wheel right hand drive Type 602 4 wheel right hand drive Type 603 3 wheel left hand drive Type 604 4 wheel left hand drive as well as an Estate van Later Trojans had Wipac lamps and fixed plastic quarter windows In production until 1966 it was the longest surviving true bubblecar whereupon Trojan turned to the production of the fiberglass bodied Elva sportscar Manufacturer Trojan Cars Ltd Croydon Surrey England Model 200 Type 601 Motor Heinkel 4 stroke Body

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/trojan-200.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive



  •