archive-com.com » COM » M » MICROCARMUSEUM.COM

Total: 249

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • 1961 Autobianchi Bianchina Special Cabriolet
    Milan In 1958 it was given a stronger engine and became available as a saloon coupe convertible and estate In the same year Bianchi sold its shares to its partners Fiat and Pirelli In 1960 just over 30 000 of these little Italian cars were built In the same year Autobianchi introduced at the Geneva Salon the prettiest model of this series the Bianchina Special Convertible a little luxury car with lots of chrome trim and attractive interior fittings The indicators were fitted separately below the headlights not on the bumper guards The radiator changed and two sweeping ornamental moldings decorated both sides The cooling slots on the side behind the doors and the chrome borders below the body edge were eliminated The windscreen was more angular The convertible continued to be manufactured until 1970 while the saloon and estate were manufactured until 1969 Today the name lives on in the Lancia Y 10 a name that has dominated Autobianchi since 1975 The Y10 is one of the most elegant though not cheapest series of small cars The Autobianchi Special Cabriolet has the Fiat 500 Sport motor and is rarer and perhaps even more attractive than the coupe Manufacturer Autobianchi

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/autobianchi-bianchina.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive


  • 1956 Avolette Record De Luxe
    persuaded was M Avot of the Societe Air Tourist who also held France s license for Cessna Aircraft As with many licensees he was not happy with the frame design and so designed his own tubular backbone with body frame thus changing the name from La Brutsch Avolette as seen at the 1955 Paris Salon to L Avolette The car was produced in several versions the 125 YD Normale the 175 YD and the 175 YC Tourisme all with Ydral power and three wheels the 200 SD and SC Tourisme de Luxe with Fichtel Sachs power and three wheels the 250 MB Competition de Luxe and the 250 MC and MD Record de Luxe with Maico power and four wheels of which this car is an example Model numbers indicate displacement motor and C for coupe and D for decapotable convertible The unusual steering is by flex cable and front suspension is by Neidhart rubber in torsion Numerous accessories were available The collection fortunately holds two of these rare exotic vehicles of which only a handful exist Manufacturer Societe Air Tourist Paris France Model 250 MD Record de Luxe Motor Maico 2 stroke Body Fiberglass Years Built Fall 1956 Summer

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/avolette-recorddeluxe.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1956 Avolette Tourisme (de Luxe)
    vehicle with a tubular body frame Construction took place in an aircraft hangar near the Paris airport The Paris Salon of 1955 saw the introduction of five versions of their egg shaped doorless vehicles The suspension by Neidhart was rubber in torsion the steering was by flexible cable This example the 200 SC S for Sachs C for coupe uses the familiar Messerschmitt motor with a swing axle driving the single rear wheel The upper shell was reinforced with a simple tube cage and the fenders protected with polished aluminum casings which were also used as step plates The Avolette was available in five different versions all with single cylinder 2 stroke motors and 3 or 4 wheels The Competition Deluxe utilized a differently styled fiberglass shell There was a connection to the Societe France Jet in 1958 producing Brutsch s V2N design Numerous accessories were available at extra charge including the forward tilt hardtop luggage carrier hubcaps and windshield wiper all to be seen on this car Manufacturer Societe Air Tourist Paris France Model 200 SC Tourisme de Luxe Motor Sachs 2 stroke Body Fiberglass Years Built Fall 1956 to summer 1957 No Cylinders 1 Chassis Steel Tube No

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/avolette-tourisme.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1967 Benelli Delivery Vehicle
    Production consisted mostly of 49cc to 174cc two and four stroke cycles along with double overhead cam four cylinder racers The mid sixties saw the introduction of a commercial tricycle in the well established Italian idiom of a load carrying platform attached to a moped or scooter chassis with some form of cab or weather protection for the driver Few were made The Argentinian Alessandro de Tomaso bought the firm

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/benelli.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1960 Berkeley T-60
    of caravans who wanted to offset seasonal sales variations by producing a car Production began with 3 prototypes the bodies of which were made of two plastic parts with a box shaped substructure and suspension and engine compartment reinforced with aluminum forming a fiberglass monocoque structure The headlights were under plexiglass covers The first Berkeleys the B60s were 4 wheelers and had 322cc Anzani 2 stroke 2 cylinder motors with 15 horsepower and chain drive to the front wheels These in turn were hung on A arms suspended by Girling coil and damper units At the rear there were swing axles with struts It was named B60 for its top speed and the B65 with 328cc Excelsior motor soon followed A 492cc version was created by the addition of a third cylinder Production was stopped by the arrival of the Austin Healey Sprite When production resumed the B65 had become the T60 a 3 wheeler able to be driven on a motorcycle license The slightly longer body had a bit of room behind the front seats and very rare T60 4 only 40 made had actual child seats over the rear wheel The 3 wheelers were a great success and

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/berkeley-t60.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1958 Berkeley B65
    drove one at Goodwood in September and the public saw the new Berkeley en masse at the Motor Show The bodies were made of two plastic parts with a box shaped substructure and suspension and engine compartment reinforced with aluminum forming a fiberglass monocoque structure The headlights were under plexiglass covers The first Berkeleys the B60s were 4 wheelers and had 322cc Anzani 2 stroke 2 cylinder motors with 15 horsepower and chain drive to the front wheels These in turn were hung on A arms suspended by Girling coil and damper units At the rear there were swing axles with struts It was named B60 for its top speed but generally referred to as the Berkeley Roadster in the literature In the spring of 1957 after some 163 cars with the Anzani motor had been produced a switch was made to the 328cc Excelsior twin This gave a useful increase of 3 horsepower and more importantly a much better reliability record The car was named B65 again for its top speed The year saw many racing successes In 1958 the new Berkeley Cars Ltd Company showed the 328 Standard 328 DeLuxe twin carbs and better trim and the new

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/berkeley-b65.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1960 Biscuter Comercial
    maximum cargo space Second two front seats only with optimal rear cargo space And finally a full bench seat at the rear offering maximum space for family accomodation on off days The chassis and drive train were identical to the other Biscuters Manufacturer Autonacional S A Barcelona Spain Model 200 C Motor Hispano Villiers 2 stroke Body Steel and wood Years Built 1958 1960 No Cylinders 1 Chassis Platform No

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/biscuter-comm-grn.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive

  • 1960 Biscuter Comercial 200-C
    to produce this vehicle At the end of 1953 they produced the standard model known as Type 200 R This simple car a 2 seater with a soft top and without doors a 197cc Villiers 1 cylinder 2 stroke motor with 9 horsepower front wheel drive was up to meeting all of the challenges demanded of a typical Spanish utility vehicle The four 8 wheels hung in front and rear on telescopic tubes with coil springs and rack and pinion steering The gearbox was 3 speed without reverse It had an ineffective transmission brake as well as cable brakes to the rear wheels The body was aluminum In the Mid 50 s a steel body transmission with reverse and an electric starter came along This model 200 C was an estate car with a higher front body and wood side panels Able to combine business and pleasure it had a bench at the rear and seated four persons There were two vent windows and the windscreen had a single wiper at the top The 8 wheels and the 9hp motor were the same as the standard model Manufacturer Autonacional S A Barcelona Spain Model 200 C Motor Hispano Villiers 6m

    Original URL path: http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/biscuter-comm-red.html (2016-04-27)
    Open archived version from archive



  •